Is Microsoft Edge compatible with Webroot ?

• 6 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
I saw Webroot did not automatically added Edge as a protected application, so I manually added it. However, shortly afterwards issues came with Edge not responding to keyboard in the address bar, and icons of my extensions not appearing. After removing Edge from webroot protected applications, everything is working fine.

So, is Microsoft Edge compatible with Webroot ?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @

There was a similar question, please read it.
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Is-Microsoft-Edge-protected-by-webroot/m-p/249250

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Thanks for the quick reply, however that answer is about one year old. Now Edge does support extensions, and indeed have used several products which have developed extensions for Edge.

From the problems I had , most likely it is still incompatible, but wanted to make sure, since Edge is so much faster than other browsers.

Regards,
Carlos 
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply, however that answer is about one year old. Now Edge does support extensions, and indeed have used several products which have developed extensions for Edge.

From the problems I had , most likely it is still incompatible, but wanted to make sure, since Edge is so much faster than other browsers.

Regards,
Carlos 
As far as we in the Community know there is no change/no news as to if, what & when on this subject...unfortunately.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
 @ thanks for confirming it.