Solved

Is SecureAnywhere compatible with Malwarebytes Premium 3.0?

• 23 June 2017
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Does anyone know if Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium is compatible with Webroot Secure Anywhere? I can't find any current info on this, and I am trying to decide about upgrading and installing MWB 3.0 Premium. I am running Windows 10 Home Version 1607 build 14393.1358 (on an ASUS laptop) .
Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 2 July 2017, 23:54

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi lacoop48

Welcome to the Community Forums.

WRSA is compatible with almost all of the main IM/AM/AV applications out there, and is designed to play well with them. I personally run MBAM 3.0 from time to time with WRSA and have experienced no issues todate.

However, if you want to make absolutely sure of no issues I would add the MBAM key components to the WRSA 'Block/Allow' feature under 'PC Security' (click on the gear/cog icon to the right of the tab to access further tabs of which one is the 'Block/Allow' feature.

And, also, add the WRSA-related folders to the MBAM Folder Exclusion List.

That should make sure that you have no issues. For more information on this please take a look at this previous thread on the topic.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 6
Badge +21
I saw your post on the MBAM forum.

Although I don't have Malwarebytes 3 Premium, I've heard in another AV software I was testing and also on MBAM forums to be on the lookout for compatibility in the real-time web browser protection components of MBAM and the other AV security products as they may run over and trip each other...  But this was from this past winter and Malwarebytes may have resolved it.

As Baldrick suggested, doing the mutual exclusions on both is a good idea.

Does your current version of MBAM have a real-time web protection component?
I use an older lifetime license version of MBAM 1.75 which doesn't have the advanced modules as current versions.
Most of the issues I've seen in the past regarding MBAM relates to running MBAM full product real-time versions (as in the paid or full product trial mode) with other security software, as opposed to MBAM on-demand mode (free version).

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thank you!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thanks! I was aware that there were issues a while back with MBAM 3.0 Premium's real-time protection. I believe Baldrick's solution should work. But, I'm still on the fence about buying it because of cost and also getting opinions from others that Webroot is really good and I shouldn't need the premium MBAM version (-they suggested just using the free version every so often if I want to.) Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Hi lacoop48

Yes, WRSA, with MBAM 3.0 Free as a 2nd opinion scanner should work a treat...but do still remember to make sure that each app is defined in the relevant exclusion or Block/Allow section...to minimize the outside chances of an incompatibility.

regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thank you Baldrick!!
Userlevel 5
yes it is. running both.
Please. Could you tell me which files to add to each one? Be more specific in your answer.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Hi mecanicogolf

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Most certainly can. The ones that I add are:

1. MBAM under WRSA:

assistant.exe
    malwarebytes_assistant.exe
    mbam.exe                                    this is the most important one to make sure that you add
    mbamtray.exe
    mbamwow.exe
    MBAMWsc.exe

2. WRSA under MBAM (here you can exclude files or folders so I excluded folders):

C:ProgramDataWRData
    C:Program FilesWebroot

Now, as I said before it is not strictly necessary to do this (as WRSA plays well with most major/mainline  security apps) but I maintain it is good practice...just in case. ;)

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick