Is Total Advantage by Advangate a product of yours?

• 29 October 2015
  • 1 reply

Don't remember ordering Total Defense by Advangate and keep geting an e mail saying my Pay Pal din't pay for it, choose another account. No where does it say it is a product of Web root. Kinda makes me nervous

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community

I would be nervous as well.  First, no, there is no connection, it is not coming from Webroot.  

Doing a quick Google search I did not see many references to the software in question, but I did see a couple that stated it might be malware of some sort... chances are you do not have malware on your computer at this time but it would not hurt to submit a Trouble Ticket to have Support verify this. 

Secondly, I recall seeing a Security News article about a phishing email campaign in which a fake PayPal payment rejection or failed notice is sent.  Do NOT use any links on that email to log into your PayPal account.

You will want to log into your PayPal account at the correct address of www.paypal.com and verify all recent transactions.  If you did use any links on that email, you will want to change your PayPal password immediately, and  you will want to monitor any bank or credit card accounts that are tied to your PayPal account.