Is driver based web filtering ready yet?

Is the driver based web filtering available for Webroot finally or how much longer until it's ready?
Am tired of the troublesome, erratic extensions and want reliable driver based filtering.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi prickly_cactus

I believe that what you are referring to is still in beta and if that is the case then I am not aware of a release date being finalised.

Perhaps Daniel @ can advise on this point?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I don't think it's out to the Public and I don't know the time frame maybe @ will let us know!

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

See if you have this under Advance Settings?

Userlevel 7
Cheers, Daniel

That is what I thought but as I am not online that often I was not sure if I had missed an announcement or not...so thought it best to check. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Anytime Buddy! IMO I don't think they will release it until it's fully Tested and Ready for the Public.

Daniel 😉
Thanks TH.
I do not want to mess with anything beta, and don't want to have to tweak settings or reinstall anything either, so have been checking in on the Webroot form to see if there is an announcement that the driver based web filtering is officially released.
I think the driver based web filtering will be a major, major, improvement for Webroot and will be most welcome.
The webfilter browser plugin extensions that Webroot currently uses are troublesome, erratic and annoying when they get stuck on the "endless spinning circles" in listed search results
Webroot should have had reliable driver based web filtering long ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I think so as well as the new Microsoft Edge Browser for Windows 10 Preview so far will not let add-ons so I think the Web Filter Driver is the way to go! https://www.microsoft.com/windows/browser-for-doing

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Last time I checked they didn't have an ETA.  The betas are pretty stable if you want to give that a try.