Is there any way to get rid of AVG 2012 on my computer? I've tried uninstalling it but it just won't

I can't get AVG 2012 off my computer. Help!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Download the AVG uninstaller tool from..........................

http://www.techsupportall.com/tag/avg-removal-tool/
I have one HUGE problem with the above link. This link is referring to a third party website for this tool. As we all know this is a clear invitation for downloading nasty stuff that is NOT intended. I am not saying this is in fact going to do this but why go to a third party site when you can get the remover directly from the source which virtually guarantees it to be genuine.

AVG Remover

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I totally agree. However, I did download it and scanned it with with Webroot and Hitman Pro (paid) first!

.....................by the way your link is a direct download as well??"
No your link is routed through a third party site. Mine is a true direct download. In the world of computer security this means alot. When in doubt please feel free to check the URL that the link refers to.
Userlevel 7
Hello @,

I believe what @ is saying is that your link takes you to a tech support third party page for the tool, where as his is the exact executable.

You can also locate the download on AVG's website here.

Best Regards,
Thank you James. That is exactly what I was attempting to relay.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I have been around Security forums for the past 15 years, and would never compromise ANYONE'S machine. If either of you would have thought to click the link and click the direct download link it would have taken you to ...

http://www.techsupportall.com/avg-uninstall-tool-64bit/

A direct link to AVG uninstaller tool!

Be that as it may,  I would even be wary of the so called direct download link and ALWAYS scan first.
I did in fact click the link you supplied and it goes to a THIRD PARTY" page which does in fact supply links that are direct. However what I was saying that when posting a download link it is always a better practice to supply a direct download link. Like in the game Monopoly, "Go to jail, Go directly to jail, Do not pass go, Do not collect $200, Go directly to jail"

Nobody is insinuating you would ever harm someones computer or post links that weren't genuine or harmless in nature. It is just a better, cleaner policy to offer a direct link so there is no miss communication at a later time.

And on a side note, your time in security is impressive but in a realistic world only a fraction of what some of us "More Senior, in age and experience" can offer. And scanning every download is a sensible policy and is something that should be done without any effort on the end user, but for most people that is why they have Antivirus software loaded in the first place so they can be at ease when on the computer.
Userlevel 7
Hello,

The fact that you have to go through another page first is usually something to be wary of as @ pointed out.

Its usually good practice to provide a link to the manufactures website or directly to the tool on the manufacturers website.

With that being said, I am sure that you have no ill intention, but the fact remains that the link you provided does indeed go through a third party website before hitting the destination. I can assure you that I certainly checked it, as that is part of my responsibility as a moderator.

I do really appreciate all of the input and assistance though, and I am sure the customer does as well!

:D

Best Regards,

Userlevel 7
I am also currently going to lock this thread as I feel like we are getting a bit outside of the scope of this thread, which was to merely provide a good link for the customer, which we have all done in our preferable methods.