Just cannot uninstall WRSA on a Win 7 PC

• 1 November 2015
  • 3 replies

Hello, on my home PC, I have WRSA, on a Win 7 PC. Time Warner Cable provides free McAfee so I have installed that and I want to uninstall WRSA to move it to another PC at my office....but just CANNOT...it won't allow me to. I made sure my username has administrator privileges. Neither from the Control Panel nor from the Start button, am I able to uninstall! It even brings up a web page saying why I want to uninstall, etc but then nothing! I have a trouble ticket open but hoping others in the community might have had similar experiences and might have ideas. And oh, I tried going into Safe mode to uninstall, that did not work. 
Thanks,
Raja

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroo0t Community,

Please have a look here at this KB article https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/PC-Uninstallation-Option-Missing-from-Control-Panel/ta-p/34688

Do let us know if you are still having issues/
Hello Sherry,
Thanks very much for the reply. I have resolved the issue. What I did was to go to safe mode, then open the interface, go to advanced settings, unchecked the show the program in the start menu, saved, then re-checked show in the start menu, then saved again. Then I went to control panel, uninstalled, and this time it worked!!! 
Great!
Thanks again,
Raja
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?,

Wonderful news. Sorry you were having issues Hopefully all is good now? :D

And you are most welcome..that's what we are here for...to help others!