Kercode error: invalid keycode

I just purchased the antivirus software and after downloading the file from the link provided I go to enter in my keycode but I keep getting a "enter a valid keycode" error. If I attempt to use the link to contact technical support. I really need this asap as I uninstalled Kaspersky for this so NO AV now on my PC!

PS: I am 100% that I'm typing & copy/pasting the correct keycode

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Marc-R

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I asked from where you purchased your WSA subscription? Also can I make sure that you are using the correct keycode; this should be a 20 Character Alphanumeric keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX. 

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
I'm having exactly the same issue! I'm definitely copying and pasting the correct code from the email I was sent and have tried typing it out too. It does not have - in it but is similar to the Baldrick 's example. I purchased my suscription from the Webroot website.
Userlevel 7
Hi janni14

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I ask if WSA is already installed on your system and this is a renewal or is the issue manifesting itself when you try to install WSA, and are trying to enter the keycode as one of the first steps of the install process? Or is this entering a renewal keycode?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Yes, this is happening during the installation process, I've never had WSA before. I'm on Windows 10.
Userlevel 7
Hi janni14

Thanks for precising.

What I would try is the following; download a new version of the WSA installer from HERE (get rid of the one currently being used), then reboot your system, and once Windows has started again try running the install process again using the newly downloaded installer, making sure that you are connected to the Internet and that you have your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode to hand.

If that does not work then I would recommend Opening a Support Ticket to let the Support Team know of the issue and for them to investigate.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thank you for the suggestion, Baldrick.

I will try this and get back to you.
Userlevel 1
Unfortunately that has't helped. I've sent a ticket so hopefully this issue can be resolved.
Userlevel 7
OK, well...it was worth a try. You will be in good hands with the Support Team, although as it is the weekend it may take them a little longer than usual to respond.

Do let us know how this plays out/hat they come back to you with as and when.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
I do apologize for all of the inconvenience, @

I've refreshed your keycode on our back-end and re-sent you the download instructions. Could you try once more and send me a private message if it's still not working for you?

Best,
Hello,
I have a copy bought from Best Buy. I had to do complete wipe of my computer and re-install Windows 10. I am now trying re-install WebRoot and I get the same error code.
Userlevel 7
@, please send me your keycode or WBR # in a private message and I'll check it out for you.

Please do keep in mind that Best Buy subscriptions begin on the date of purchase, so it's likely it could have expired by now.