Solved

Keycode registered but progam still requests activation

• 11 November 2014
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
I regsitered the keycode and created an account. I did not get any email back that I expected for confirming my emal.

When Webroot starts, it says "Account activation needed"

When I click "Activate my account" I arrive at a page saying "This Keycode has already been registered" and the option to login at the account is offered.

When I log in I find nowhere to activate the account.  I suppose because I have activated it at creating the account - how could I otherwise have been able to log in?

- Or is it that your email system has missed to send me a confirmation request?

icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 11 November 2014, 15:24

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello jsuurkula, welcome to the Webroot Community!

I have a couple of questions, and also a few things to check so we can try to either fix this or know how to fix this.

First:
Q: Where did you purchase your copy?  
Q:Did your purchase from Best Buy and is it a Best Buy Subscription version?  (IF the back of the box, at the lower left corner has a Best Buy Serial Number, you have the Best Buy Subscription Software version.)

OK, now to check a couple things.

• Please log into the Account Console
  • Click your email address at the upper right
  • Select Manage Key Codes on the drop down
Q:On the key code listing, is the key code you are trying to use in your WSA software listed here?
Q:Is it expired or does it show active and valid?

If the key code IS indeed listed, and is not expired, lets try to do a copy/paste:

• Select (hilite) and copy the key code.
  • Open WSA
  • Click the gear tool next to My Account
  • Paste the key code into the white box
  • Click Activate

I hope this helps, but please do reply and let us know if it does, and if not please provide answers to the questions marked with "Q"