Solved

Learning C++

• 28 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I note that this code runs fine once compiled under friendnames.exe.

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
cout << "My first friends name is name1.";
cout << "My second friends name is name2.";
cout << "My third friends name is name3.";
cout << "My fourth friends name is name4.";
}

however this code, compiled same file name brings up the following webroot threat identified message
friendnames.exe in" "  W32,Trojan.Gen,

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
cin.get(); // I used this to generate some interactivity, IE press enter to output next name on new line
cin.get();
cin.get();
}

i can allow it and all is well until i recompile which means i need to do the allow process again can i make that more permannent ie exclude my C++ files directory such that i dont get these false positives? 

icon

Best answer by Barry1 28 March 2017, 16:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Barry1

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am afraid that at the moment it is not possible to exclude folders from scans when using the Home/Consumer version of WSA. The feature exists in the Business/Endpoint Security version, and we are hoping that this will be forthcoming sometime this year to the Home version. There is a feature request for this fucntionality, which I believe is one of the top two most supported requests (see HERE), so we have high hopes that it will make the cut...but as of yet there has been no official confirmation of this.

So please keep an eye on the forums since if, as & when such a feature is released it will go to the beta testing group first before going GA, so we should have some warning.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thank you Baldrick

To be honest i will have to see how this plays out as i go further on, if i find that every C++ programme i create is treated as a threat i will need to rethink my anti virus solution, as the process to allow encompasses a full scan of the computer that whilst can be stopped is going to drive me up the wall..

Barry  
Userlevel 7
I do understand & sympathise...hopefully the feature will be avialable before you decide to leave the Webroot Family. :(
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ wrote:
I note that this code runs fine once compiled under friendnames.exe.

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
}

however this code, compiled same file name brings up the following webroot threat identified message
friendnames.exe in" "  W32,Trojan.Gen,

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
cin.get(); // I used this to generate some interactivity, IE press enter to output next name on new line
cin.get();
cin.get();
}

i can allow it and all is well until i recompile which means i need to do the allow process again can i make that more permannent ie exclude my C++ files directory such that i dont get these false positives? 

Please Submit a Support Ticket and we can get this sorted out for you.

-Dan
Userlevel 1
Thanks -Dan,

I will be happy to enage with the support teams , i brought the issue to the forums because in all honesty, once i understood how the programe worked i was very unlikely to ever run it again. My fear is that i come across this with an awful lot of programes as the one i supplied is really a very simple programe.

I have logged it under threat false -positive Thanks -Dan