Solved

MacOS message: You are overriding your security presences to install app (after "Scan my computer")

• 15 October 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone, I have a Macbook Pro running Mac OS Sierra v10.12 and after I Scan my computer with Webroot antivirus, I get a popup message indicating:

"You are overriding your security preferences to install an app from an unidentified developer. Type your password to allow this."

This only happens after I start a webroot scan - what is it?  I've so far not done this (ie. denied it) but I'd like to know why webroot scan is causing this.

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 15 October 2016, 20:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello fkvemshagen, Welcome to the Webroot Security Forum. :D

I know that you have to give permission for Webroot to install on your computer, which is you have to type your password in but I have never seen it after every scan you have to type your password in. I'm running El Capitan and haven't upgraded to Sierra yet. Your probably going to have to put a Support Ticket in or Contact Support. Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. I'll also Ping Sherry ? in on this post. She is also running a Mac.

HTH,
Dave. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello fkvemshagen,

Welcome to the Webroot Cummunity,

I have not heard of this occuring with Webroot on my Mac I am running El Capitan. . I also have not upgraded to Sierra

Did you have Webroot before upgrading to Sierra? If so have a look at this Mac help section. https://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&vw=1&solutionid=2581

You might need to do a reinstall of Webroot. If you still ned help then please have Webroot Support help you as ? has instructed.

Hope this helps?