Solved

Make firewall always ask when program requests outgoing connection

• 28 June 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi,
I signed up for the trial and was under the impression that the firewall could be set to always ask new apps for outgoing permission. I've set it to warn if any processes connect to the internet unless explicity allowed, but it never asks, even for programs installed after webroot was. Is there something that I'm missing?
Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 28 June 2017, 23:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hello @

Firewall settings

I use Warn if any new, untrusted process connects to the Internet So I always get a popup window.
Userlevel 1
I've tried that setting as well as 'Warn if any process connects...", and still it never shows a popup or asks permission.
Userlevel 7
Well, looks like your install may be 'faulty' so I would recommend that you undertake an uninstall/clean reinstall to see if that resolve the issue for you and if you would like to try that then please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Then make sure the appropriate setting is set as you want it and check to see if you still have the issue or not.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
I re-installed and nothing changed, but after a few (3 or so) restarts it started asking permission for all apps. Thank you so much for the help, glad it was sorted 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hi manowar521
Thanks for the feedback, and glad that the issue is resolved for you. Keep an eye on things and if you notice that things are not as expected again then post back here and we will investigate further.
Regards, Baldrick