Knowledge Base

Managing Quarantined Items

• 27 August 2013
  • 2 replies
Managing Quarantined Items
Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1581 replies
Once items are moved to quarantine, they are disabled and cannot harm your computer. However, you may want to delete or restore quarantined items in the following circumstances:
  • If you want to conserve disk space, you can delete the items permanently.  
  • If you discover that a program is not working correctly without the quarantined item, you can restore it. In rare cases, a piece of spyware is an integral part of a legitimate program and is required to run that program.
To view and manage items in quarantine:
  1. Open SecureAnywhere.  
  2. Click PC Security.  
  3. Click Quarantine, then click View Quarantine. [img]https://uploads-us-west-2.insided.com/webroot-en/attachment/6495i3BCDA8D752967329.png[/img]  
  4. If you want to delete or restore the item, click in its checkbox to select it. You can then do either of the following:  [list]
  5. If you want to remove the item permanently, click Erase. Be aware that after erasing it, you can never restore the item.  
  6. If you want to move the item back to its original location, click Restore. When an item is restored, SecureAnywhere will no longer detect it during scans. If you want the item to be detected again in the future, you can change its detection rules.
[/list]

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

<p>I don't know why files that are in quarantine are also shown as monitor and allowed.  Don't imderstand, can't find a explination anywhere.</p>
Userlevel 7
@

Hello,

I believe you are currently in the Block/Allow tab.

The quarantine does not show those options.

This could indicate that Webroot is monitoring one of those files, or has been told to manually allow it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

James G.

Webroot Community Support Team