My small speaker icon has turned off on my pc.

• 26 April 2015
  • 1 reply

My speaker small icon turned off on my pc since I downloaded webroot and will not allow me to turn back on.  Any suggestions?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi shoebox8

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This may or may not be an issue caused by the installation of WSA.  HOwever, oone way to make absolutely sure is to uninstall WSA, check if the feature is restored and if so then undertake a clean reinstall of WSA, and see if the feature remains or 'disappears' again.

A clean reinstall is very easy to do, as follows:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click Here)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • NOW check to see if the small speak icon is back
NOW check to see if the small speak icon is back; if not then it is not likely to be an issue with WSA and you may wish to take a look at the article from the Microsoft Forums (here) about this issue.  Reinstall WSA immediately as detailed below.

If the small loudspeaker icon is back then it looks like it is an issue with the install of WSA and you should try the reinstall to doubel check that it was not caused by a fault install first time around.

• Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any settings if this is offerred by the installer; you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If this fails to resolve the problem, you may need to contact Support for assistance.

If your subscription is directly through Webroot, you will need to contact Webroot Support.  You can do so by submitting a Support Ticket giving them the link to this thread so that they can see what has already been tried, or you can do so by phone during business hours.  (The online Ticketing system is manned 24/7)

If your subscription is through Best Buy Subscription Software services, you may need to call them at 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD.

Hope that helps in some way?  Please do let us know how you get on and if you have any further questions.

Regards, Baldrick