Solved

Need a copy of windowssystem32driversWRkrn.sys

• 5 October 2017
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello, I've got a Windows 10 64-bit installation gone south due to insufficient space. The system won't start up, having a blue screen and pointing out that WRKrn.sys is corrupt. Which it is: booting from a Linux livecd, it seems that wrkrn.sys size is zero.

For a large number of reasons, I am at an installation I can not download WR to a VM and extract the files myself. Can someone attach it here? Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 5 October 2017, 16:49

View original

9 replies

Hi Carmik,

It's probably best to submit a support ticket and have Webroot Support fix this for you. Support is free with your subscription. ;)

HTH,

BD
Userlevel 1
I found this file elsewhere but the problem was not resolved. I did a manual uninstall with a WinPE disk, and the system finally booted. But network is borked, I get general failure when pinging even localhost. Feeling a dead-end, I opened a ticket...

Off-topic: I had a corrupt disk, that failed to boot due to this file. And yes, there's always the option to open a ticket, but the problem is that it takes quite some time (and then some), whereas I need the file instantly. It's a pity it took 13 hours for a user to post here. And even worse, the user did not post the needed file...
@ wrote:
I found this file elsewhere but the problem was not resolved. I did a manual uninstall with a WinPE disk, and the system finally booted. But network is borked, I get general failure when pinging even localhost. Feeling a dead-end, I opened a ticket...

Off-topic: I had a corrupt disk, that failed to boot due to this file. And yes, there's always the option to open a ticket, but the problem is that it takes quite some time (and then some), whereas I need the file instantly. It's a pity it took 13 hours for a user to post here. And even worse, the user did not post the needed file...
Well, now that you have a network issue, then I recommend support all the more.

BTW, you posted at midnight, it's best not expect a quick response from users in the Community when posting that late. We are NOT support.
Userlevel 1
Either support will help, or it's reformat for this one...

As for the timezone: I thought this is a global community here, so I did expect that someone from Europe would step in...
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Either support will help, or it's reformat for this one...

As for the timezone: I thought this is a global community here, so I did expect that someone from Europe would step in...
The Support system is 24/7 so just keep in touch with them!

Have you tried a clean reinstall of WSA?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 1
Activation is impossible, since I have no internet. Therefore, installing WSA is impossible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Activation is impossible, since I have no internet. Therefore, installing WSA is impossible.
Are you able to use System Restore and go back a few days and try a clean reinstall of WSA? https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/
Userlevel 1
No, system restore seemed to be disabled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Try contacting Webroot Support again using another PC or Device! Webroot Customer Service