No web filter icon for IE11- Can I add one?

• 4 August 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
I now have a web filter icon on the menu bar in Opera, and like seeing the check mark when I open a link in a new Tab.

I don't have one showing in my IE11 menu bar?- Is there some way to have one showing...?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Have you checked the IE extensions to see if you have the extension installed but not enabled?
Userlevel 2
After  searching/Googling?- There is no such thing as Extensions in IE11, but there is in Chrome/Opera.
I checked in IE Manage Add-ons, and WSA Web Filter... is Enabled (also locked).

It would help if someone that actually Has a IE11 web filter icon, replied about how they got it to show?
Userlevel 7
There is no need to be terse or flippant!

I do have IE11 installed, the add-on installed and enabled...and as far as I can see there is no option to display or add on. In Chrome & Firfox the icon is displayed by default and there are options to enable or disable it.

This does not appear to be the case of the IE11 version (probably because as it is a relatively recent feature and IE11 is on the way out there has been no incentive to update it to do so...especially as Edge is now the goto MS browser...and hopefully Webroot are working on a version for that).

Best option is to Open a Support Ticket and seeif the SupportTeam can answer the question.
Userlevel 2
RE: There is no need to be terse or flippant!-
I apologize, if you were offended!?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This does not appear to be the case of the IE11 version (probably because as it is a relatively recent feature and IE11 is on the way out there has been no incentive to update it to do so...especially as Edge is now the goto MS browser...and hopefully Webroot are working on a version for that).-
I hope Edge has better Security than IE, and will maybe give it a try when WSA fully supports it
Userlevel 7
Hi scottls59901

Thank you...I was at the time but should not have been...so my apologies for a lack of patience, and being somewhat testy. :$

Edge has much better security than IE11...in fact some claim that it is now the most secure browser available (no comment on my part as I do not know) but at present we are hoping that Webroot will soon be able to provide extensions for it...not sure why they have not yet but it could be that integrating a security-related extension in a very secure and up to date browser is not that easy. Anyway, we are all waiting for that to happen so I am sure that you will hear about it as and when it happens.

Baldrick