Notice to purchase license Popup Notice

• 16 January 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I recently purchase a 1 year sybscruiption but now I keep getting this popup notice on the taskbar to purchase a license key before free trial expires ??

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi mickalo

Welcome to the Community Forums...and humble apologies for it taking so long for us to respond.

OK, so can I take it that you ran trial of WSA before you decided to purchase it? If so then when you purchased a 1 year subscription did you purchase it from Webroot on the back of the trial or did you purchase it from another source?

If you did purchase it from another source did you, when you purchased, received a new keycode, which you entered into WSA and then activated? If so then I believe that I know what is happening but rather than bore you if itis not I will await your repsonses to the above.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I purchased the 1 yr activation key license from Webroot while using the trial version. Install the key and everything works fine. Now, not all the time. when I first startup the PC or reboot it I get this little popup from the taskbar then my free trial is about the expire and to purchase a subscription as if I was still running the trial version.

Userlevel 7
Hi mickalo

Thanks for the response. It is as I suspected. Basically, entering a new keycode does not cancel or deactivate the one that was previously in use. The two will then run concurrently until one expires, so what I am betting you are seeing is the renewal notification of the trial version which is just about to expire, or has expired and is now in the 30 day grace period that Webroot provide on expiry so that the user has time to organise the renewal.

The bad news is that if I am correct then the message will continue to popup until the trial version has expired and the 30 day trial is over. The not so bad news is that I believe you can Open a Support Ticket, let the Support Team know about this and ask them if they would cancel/delete the trial keycode...unfortuantely only they can action this.

The good news is as long as the recently purchased subscription has not expired (you can see how many days you have left from the main app panel) then yo are well protected by WSA>

I hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Just to add can you please do a clean reinstall as most times it fixes many little issues like this one.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
thanks I will give this a try and see. I haven't had any problems now for a couple of days now