Solved

Opera & ID protection

• 12 November 2016
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
I had Opera portable on my desktop to test. OK I thought after trying it out, I then deleted it.
Installed the 'normal' one and tried to add it to ID protection (application)
But what is added is the path to the portable one I had deleted.
How do I delete the old portable path so I can add the 'main' one.

David

icon

Best answer by Baldrick 13 November 2016, 13:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi davidco

You just right click on the entry you wish to remove and select 'Remove this entry' from the context menu displayed.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Sorry, perhaps I have not put enough detail.
I already have done as you say several times but when I try to add Opera from its correct place/path it puts in the old 'portable' path.

Userlevel 7
Hi davidco

Thanks for precising...but I do not really understand as when one clicks on the 'Add Application' button under 'the gear/cog symbol to the right of Identity Protection > Application Protection', you are offered the chance to locate the application that you wish to add and once you find that and click on the relevant .exe it is added to the list of protected apps.

If you are indeed also doing this then I believe that you may have a faulty installation and in that case I would recommend that you uninstall/clean reinstall WSA. It is quick & easy to do and we can provide instructions for you to follow if you decide that you would like to try that. Just let us know.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 4
I have indeed done all the above, and just incase I checked on the outside chance of there being a 'rogue' registry entry.
So it must be as you say and a re-install is in order.
Howto please?
David

Userlevel 7
Hi David

I though that you might well have checked all of that...so please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here(Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
The see if that has resolved the issue for you. If not, and I hope that it does, then I would recommend that you Open a Support Ticket to let the Support Team kn ow of this strange situation and investigate the reasons for it for you.

Let us know who it goes/what the result is.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
That did it
Thank you
David

Userlevel 7
Hi David

Glad to see that you are sorted. Thanks for letting us know.

Regards, Baldrick