Solved

Password Web Site Connection

• 24 December 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
I've stored several passwords, but when I click on "go to the site" nothing happens.  How do I get the stored passwords to connect me to the site in question when I click on them (and I assume that upon arriving at the site the user name and password will be automatically entered?).
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 24 December 2016, 23:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Forester88,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please look here at this Knowledge Base Article.https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Automatic-Login-Using-Password-Management/ta-p/23772

Here is the PC User Guide about Password Management.
 and check this video out Password Manager Video

If you need help setting up Password Manager you can Submit a Support Ticket and they will gladly assist you. This is a free service with your Webroot subscription.

Hope this helps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi again Forester88,

Can you check this out below? It might help you further?

Lets make sure your User Profile is correctly set up.

• Log into you Account Console  If you have not yet set up your Account Console, please do now and then log in
  • Click on your email address at the upper right
  • Select Manage Users from the drop down
  • Locate your User Profile
  • Click the Edit icon at the far right
  • Click the Access & Permissions tab
  • Go through all of the settings.  Give yourself Admin or Access to all available permissions
  • Verify that the key code listed on the Access & Permissions tab matches the key code on your WSA installed on the computer.  If the key code on the User Profile does NOT match the new key code, you will need to submit a Trouble Ticket to have Webroot Support assist you in migrating the User from the old key code to the new key code.  Make sure you clearly note which key code is the old one, which is the new one, and the email addresses of all profile(s) you need migrated.
  • Save changes

Now that we have set up the User Profle and the correct permissions, then log into PWM in the browser.. using the same Login and Password that you used for the Account Console.

Userlevel 7
Hi Forester88

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just ask as to which browser you are using? The reason that I ask is that I have just tried what you have described (although I assume that when youspeal of 'Go to Site' you are in fact referring to ' Go to URL'?) and I have had no issue in each.

Having said that I wou,d suggest that if what Sherry has suggested does not help then you should Open a Support Ticket to get the Support team to look into the issue, as it may be something wrong that is specific to your system, or how WSA is installed on it.

And in the case of the latter I would usually recommend either an uninstall/clean reinstall OR riunning the Toolbar fix tool to see if it can repair the Password Manager extension...to see if these resolve the issue.

If you would like to try either then please let us know and we can provide guidance on which ever is your choice.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thanks for your note.  I'm using  Chrome.  As you suggested I'm going to try the guidelines Sherry listed for starters and see if that works.
Userlevel 7
No worries...just give it all a try and then post back as to how you get on...someone will be around to pick up & respond.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Forester88,

Since you are using Chrome please make sure you are using the Webroot Password Manager from the Google Store:
You can install the Password Manager extension from HERE.

If you need to reinstall Webroot:

Please follow the steps below closely in terms of installing WSA on the target system/machine!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot 
Hope this helps?