Periodically I get an error that says firefox.exe has malware "chello.nz IP 80 109 240 71.

• 16 August 2016
  • 3 replies

I get the error in the subject periodically. The message pops up and a few seconds later disappears. Two issues:
I can't find any trail in Webroot 
I can't find any mention of it in the Firefox X85 folder.

The Webroot presented error explicity says that it is related to the info in the Subject and is related to the Firefox.exe. I have no idea what to do!!!??

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello,

It's just scareware look here to see if you have any PUA's and try to remove them yourself: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie-KB/How-to-Remove-Potentially-Unwanted-Applications/ta-p/40744 if you can't find anything then please Submit a Support Ticket and they will give you a Security Check!
I tried submitting a ticket report. However, as I typed the subject the entry box kept jumping around and some characters were missed. It got to the point that it would not take any input. Then I was led through multiple pages that bore no relevance to my issue. Any attempt, during those displays, were not allowed. The ticket system was designed to reduce the load on the tiny staff. However, it also thwarts entry of legitimate items. I do not intend to sit through that again. There are other products available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I tried submitting a ticket report. However, as I typed the subject the entry box kept jumping around and some characters were missed. It got to the point that it would not take any input. Then I was led through multiple pages that bore no relevance to my issue. Any attempt, during those displays, were not allowed. The ticket system was designed to reduce the load on the tiny staff. However, it also thwarts entry of legitimate items. I do not intend to sit through that again. There are other products available.
Try using Internet Explorer! Or call the number closes to you: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact