Solved

Please describe Geek Squad Protection plans and Geek Squad Protect & Support plans.

• 22 January 2017
  • 5 replies

"I accept the terms & conditions for the plan(s) I've selected. By clicking Submit... I understand that I am enrolling in yearly automatic renewals (excluding Geek Squad Protection plans and Geek Squad Protect & Support plans..."

When you sign up, you have to agree to the above-quoted  statement.   There is no option to get Geek Squad Protection and no description of what it is.    Can someone please explain these protection plans or provide the link so I can read about them and also tell me how to get them. 

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 22 January 2017, 04:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Zymrie,

If you purchased Webroot through Geek Squad you will need to contact Best Buy at 1-800-433-5778 for that information.

HTH,
Dave.;)
In my opinion, if and when your subscription is up for renewal, I suggest that you purchase the renewal directly through Webroot. One of the reasons I do suggest this is because you are not held hostage by a second/third party for " enrolling in yearly  AUTOMATIC  renewals ".

I prefer to have the future of  anything , in my hands -  and my hands only.

When renewing directly from the original source, in this case Webroot , everything is in Black and White so there is no guessing or wondering what the terms are. Its simple.... you purchase the service of your choice... they provide trouble free service for the duration of your service... if you have ANY questions, Webroot stands ready to assist you... no second or third parties to deal with.  Best Buy knows Stereos and Televisions and Washers and Driers; but when you deal directly with Webroot ; Webroot knows everything about Webroot.
Userlevel 7
Hi ROBERT1725

Hope that you are well?

In fact, even with Webroot direct orders one can end up being automatically subscribed for Auto Renewal...but there is an option available to unscribe at any time which can be found HERE and fill out the form. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Hi Baldrick, Yep, Im well and hope UR2. I stand corrected as I didnt know Webroot had an automatic renewal option.
Since thats the case, I would still recommend renewing something directly with the source ( Webroot ) instead of a second or third party.
Thanks for the education. Go Packers.
Userlevel 7
Hi ROBERT1725

Absolutely, as always...no need to stand (or sit ;)) corrected. 

And I would absolutely agree with you on the point of your recommendation.

Regards, Baldrick