Popup Notification

• 17 June 2018
  • 3 replies

I recently switched to Webroot from Avast because of the annoying popups Avast pushes onto it's customers. I was told that Webroot has nothing like that, and yet I am getting a notification in the lower right hand corner above the system tray, in this case it's dealing with knowing more about phishing. I'm a gamer and the notification will minimize to desktop to show this unwanted feature, and if you are a gamer you know what disasters this can lead too! :)
I looked everywhere in the settings to disable this function, please tell me I didn't just waste my money by being subjected by popup advertisments again.
Please help disable popups!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Kralomax

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Please see the advice given by one of our Gurus @ in THIS recent thread on the same topic.

Regards, Baldrick

Thank you for the reply Baldric,
Unfortunately that link you sent doesn't work for me. "The message you are trying to access is not available."
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Thank you for the reply Baldric,
Unfortunately that link you sent doesn't work for me. "The message you are trying to access is not available."
Sorry that is from a Private group so here is the Thread @ was pointing to: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Annoying-notification-showing-several-times-a-day/td-p/322416