Solved

Problem with Web Filtering extension

• 6 December 2013
  • 7 replies

I got the black friday deal for WSA AntiVirus, but once I renewed with the new keycode my Webroot Web Filter extension wasn't showing up in my browser anymore. So I reinstalled WSA but now I dont have the PKG folder in the WRData folder. Eventually will the PKG folder be installed again so I can use the Web Filter extension? My current sofware version is 8.0.4.42.

Also if I want to install Eset AV, is their a certain order to install the two programs, like installing WSA first and then Eset?

icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 6 December 2013, 22:28

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello and Welcome to the forums 😃.

From what I understand, the extension is part of the new web shield which is being rolled out slowly, so not all users are getting it just yet. It is possible that when you entered the new key, Webroot did a software update (8.0.4.42 is the latest version) and did not download the new version of the web shield, so you did not get the extension. The same about when you reinstalled it, it probably did not pull in the new extension as it is being released slowly. I myself am also using the latest version but I do not have the extension yet. I could be wrong about this though, as I am just a home user.

Regarding running WSA with another AV, it is best to install the other AV first, then WSA, because the other AV may not know that the two are compatible and might give you installation issues if you install it after WSA.

I hope this helps,

Shran
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's because the new Keycode is not on the New Web Shield channel it has nothing to do with the version your running so in time when your new keycode is added you will get the new Web Shield back an active again!

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the clarification Daniel!

Shran
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your welcome Shran! I forgot about the 2 Anti-Viruses every AV is different so if you have WSA installed already and then install ESET if you have issues try to Exclude WSA files in ESET and please let us know the outcome.

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Thanks for the replies Shran and TripleHelix.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your very Welcome VoodooChild!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Your welcome VoodoChild!