Solved

Question regarding updating from Webroot AV 2016 to Webroot AV 2017.

• 12 January 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Am I correct in that I don't need to uninstall the old version and install the new version and only need to install the new product key?  I purchased the 3 pc version, with which I have on my desktop and laptop, and my folks' laptop. 

Is there actually no difference between the 2016 version and 2017 version and that the program updates itself to the newest version on a regular basis automatically, basically meaning that whether I uninstall the old installation and install the new one, or I just enter the new keycode, the program version will be the same, regardless?

Thanks for the help. 

icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 12 January 2017, 20:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello,

You don't need to do anything just as long you have an active subscription! Webroot has done away with the year so as log as you have the current version v9.0.14.58 for PC your all set! See here for other versions: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/support-consumer-release-notes

Just enter the new keycode about a day before it runs out!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
If I do "nothing", then I have no AV.  I have to at least enter a new key code.   
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
If I do "nothing", then I have no AV.  I have to at least enter a new key code.   
Yes I updated my post above!
Userlevel 2
Thank you for the help. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your very Welcome!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉