Solved

Received a notice advising webroot and W defender turned off but it wasn't what caused this?

• 21 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
Received a notification from W10 advising that both my Webroot AV and W's Defender were turned off. When I checked both to verify I discovered that both were on and working.
What caused this? Any ideas and should I be concerned. Thanks
icon

Best answer by acooldozen 21 October 2016, 06:01

View original

3 replies

Hi GMACK, I had this happen just once. A small box in the bottom right corner popped up and said my security was turned off. I think it was just a fluke where it took a mill second for Win Defender to acknowledge ( that's not computer jargon  )that I had Webroot. I have Win Defender mostly turned off except for the occasional "quick scan " that happens about once a week.On the Win Defender site, I can clearly see that is indicates that I have complete protection through Webroot. On the same site you can see that Win Defender does check for its own updates and updates them when necessary. I  could be wrong but I dont believe it to be an issue, just a fluke.

Badge +1
Thank you for your assistance and response. Have not been a really big fan of W10 and a lot of their pop up notifications. But this one had a big red circle with an X in the centre so it obviously got my attention.
Thanks again
"GMACK"
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This has happend several times in the past 3 - 4 months  usually following  a Windows 10 OS update.