Solved

Renewing Webroot but want support through you guys

• 18 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Best Buy got me into their Geek Squad support plan which included Webroot.. I renewed it last year for both plans.  Is there anyway when Webroot on their end expires I can get a new keycode that would allow the support team here to give me support? I love Geek Squad, but would much prefer your guys wonderful customer service. I would still talk Best Buy into just letting me use their Geek Squad, but also wanna keep this amazing antivirus software. I've had no viruses or any issues since I've had it! 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by dustylee15 22 November 2017, 00:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi dustylee15

If you are running the Best Buy version of WRSA then you would need to uninstall your current software, download the standard installer form the Webroot web site & purchase/activate a new subscription direct from Webroot , or buy the boxed standard version from a 3rd party retailer (which would include a new keycode/subscription)

If however, you have installed the standard version of WRSA even though purchased from Best Buy, you are in any case entitled to Webroot Support.

Now whether if you swap to Webroot standard version you could talk Best Buy into just letting me use their Geek Squad...well, that I cannot comment on...but you could certainly try.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Greetings, @

I highly recommend reaching out to Best Buy directly.
Best Buy Enterprise Customer Care: 1-800-433-5778

Thanks!!!
@ wrote:
Greetings, @

I highly recommend reaching out to Best Buy directly.
Best Buy Enterprise Customer Care: 1-800-433-5778

Thanks!!!
Thanks. I found out how to do it so only the Geek Squad plan would renew, and not their WebRoot. Once their WebRoot expires next month I just wanna switch to using the one that's bought on this site. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Yup, When webroot Geek plan expires just renew through Webroot, but wait.... as a webroot user you are welcome here and will get any/all the support you require..............................and welcome to the Community!