Reset to defaults + Firewall

Hello Webrooters,

Reset to defaults, appears to change Web Shield configuration okay.
Reset to defaults, does not appear to change Firewall configuration (for me). 

Does Reset to defaults, apply to Firewall configuration ?

Thanks

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Did you try a reboot or shut down WSA and restart it to take affect?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It only resets that page that your on so if you want to rest all settings you will have to do the same on each page or tab. Just tested it here.
@ wrote:
Hmm, No.
Web Shield section responds visually to Reset to defaults.
Firewall section does not respond visually to Reset to defaults.

Okay, I'll try Reset to defaults (Firewall / Web Shield page) + shut down WSA and restart &/or machine restart. 

Yes, I'm aware Reset to defaults appears to be per page.  Not global. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hmm, No.
Web Shield section responds visually to Reset to defaults.
Firewall section does not respond visually to Reset to defaults.

Okay, I'll try Reset to defaults (Firewall / Web Shield page) + shut down WSA and restart &/or machine restart. 

Yes, I'm aware Reset to defaults appears to be per page.  Not global. 
Well if you reset that page and fill out the CAPTCHA it should go back to default and if not then shutting down WSA and restarting should show the default settings. It's not reallu a big deal to me as once I have it set the way I like I never reset to default.

Yep, no big deal, just my observation feedback that Reset to defaults [ Firewall / Web Shield page ] only resets Web Shield section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Yep, no big deal, just my observation feedback that Reset to defaults [ Firewall / Web Shield page ] only resets Web Shield section.

For me I run that page as default so there is nothing for me to reset.

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

For me I run that page as default so there is nothing for me to reset.

Same here...the default settings are the optimum ones. ;)
Hello

Have you tried other than default.

Will you confirm my observation that Reset to defaults [ Firewall / Web Shield page ] only resets Web Shield section.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hello

Will you confirm my observation that Reset to defaults [ Firewall / Web Shield page ] only resets Web Shield section.

Thanks
If you think you found a bug then please Contact support and ask them. Webroot Customer Service as we all know the Firewall controls were added back for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 so there could be an issue with the reset button on that page so again contact support.

Thanks,

Daniel
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hello

Thanks
If you think you found a bug then please Contact support and ask them. Webroot Customer Service as we all know the Firewall controls were added back for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 so there could be an issue with the reset button on that page so again contact support.

Thanks,

Daniel
Before I reach out to Support. 

Will you/anyone confirm my observation that Reset to defaults [ Firewall / Web Shield page ] only resets Web Shield section.

Thanks