Solved

Run ok with other AV'S

• 14 October 2014
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi
Since WSA is cloud based can you run it along side other av's for extra security?;)
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 14 October 2014, 21:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ttom46

The answer is 'Yes', unless you are planning to use BitDefender as your second line of defence (but then with WSA installed why would you).

WSA has been designed from the ground up to be co-operative with other AV/IS apps and cede to them if they duplicate protect ion and then step in if something get through or they do not protect for something specifically.  I have run WSA with KIS and there are several other users here who have similar experiences with running in tandem with other security apps with no issues.

Except in the case of BitDefender for which there are some known issues...so best to avoid.

I would however say, as a previous dual user who has gone over to WSA only I would say there is no need as WSA provides first rate protection by itself.

But if you feel happier with a more layered defense with two mainline security apps then by all means give it a go...and let us know how you get on.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hello ttemm46, welcome to the Community!

You certainly can!  Most of of choose not to as we feel Webroot is sufficient on it's own, but it was designed to be compatible with other solutions.

Keep in mind that while Webroot is compatible, and the Webroot installer knows it, the installers of the others do not know this: they may give a compatibility error and refuse to install if Webroot is already installed.  Simply make sure the other AV is installed first, then add Webroot.

Another thing some do, just in case, is to place manual rules within both AV's to protect the files of the other from any detection.

I hope this helps you!

EDIT: Sir Baldrick beat me to it!  :)
Userlevel 2
Thank you
tom
Great advice..
Userlevel 7
Hi Tom

As always, you are most welcome...we are always happy to help where and when we can.

Regards, Baldrick