Script causing Explorer to run slowly or become unresponsive

• 26 April 2015
  • 3 replies

I keep getting the script running message on my computer.  My web research shows that Webrott may be the problem?  Is this true?  Is there a "fix"?  Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi jatga

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This may or may not be true.  What we really need is more information on this "script running message" that you are referring to.  Would you be able to provide detauls of amy message associated with it, when it occurs, i.e., after a specific action that you take or app that you run, etc.

With that we may then be able to see if we can assist further.

Regards, Baldrick
Occurs when running Firefox.  Web search reveals that Webroot may be the problem.  More extensive search on fix not very helpful except for disabling/unistalling Webroot.  I disabled Webroot Secure Anywhere and I no longer get the slow/unresponsive script message and computer does NOT hang freeze, etc.....BUT I have no AV protection.  Everything seems to point to a problem with Webroot.  Running Windows 8 on a relatively new laptop (plenty of power/resources).
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello jatga,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Would you mind doing a uninstall/clean reinstall of Webroot?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AANA-A783-DE78-C584
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If this doesn't help then please submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription.

Thanks,