Solved

Suggestion for a good, dependable browser (besides Firefox), please.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Does anyone know of another browser "that is not so messed with by the 'bad' guys" that is available to use on my PC besides Mozilla's FF? That's the one I'm currently using but it keeps crashing.....over and over and over, again, and again...which is 'getting old' VERY quickly. I'd like one that the trusted folks at Webroot could recommend. So, if you will, please let me know soon, and THANKS 😃 !!!  ~DD55.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 23 July 2017, 21:46

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Drumdude55,

Alot of us use both Firefox AND Chrome which is pretty reliable. If you would like to try this browser then you can download it from here.

Or you can wait to see what others recommend. 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi Drumdude55

There are a whole host good alternatives (and some may say better than Firefox or Chrome) such as:

Opera
Maxthon
Cyberfox
Vivaldi
Palemoon
Waterfox
Iron Browser

In most case the above will use either the Chromium or Mozilla engines or variants of those.

I have and do use all of the above and in terms of speed I find that Opera or Vivaldi are both excellent browsers...both of which are worth a serious look.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks Baldrick! I forgot about Vivaldi. It's the fastest browser I think and good performance. 😉
I agree with Baldrick. I like Opera as an alternative to Firefox. It has a built-in ad blocker as well as a free VPN feature (particularly useful when encountering regional restrictions). And, best of all, you can still install Webroot's Password Manager and Web Filtering extensions.:)

BD
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Thank you, Baldrick, for the prompt reply and helpful information. I will start with "Vivaldi" and then check out the others you recommended (unless I'm 'sold' on THAT one right away).
~DD55.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Thank you, Ssherjj, for your reply. I really appreciated it....and will go with "Vivaldi" for now. Hopefully, THAT one will work for me....but if not, at least, it's good to know that I now have other options besides FFox.
~DD55.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You're most welcome Drumdude55!

😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I agree with Baldrick. I like Opera as an alternative to Firefox. It has a built-in ad blocker as well as a free VPN feature (particularly useful when encountering regional restrictions). And, best of all, you can still install Webroot's Password Manager and Web Filtering extensions.:)

BD
As you can in Vivaldi TOO, BD!  ;)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thank you, Baldrick, for the prompt reply and helpful information. I will start with "Vivaldi" and then check out the others you recommended (unless I'm 'sold' on THAT one right away).
~DD55.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are most welcome, DD55

Always happy to be able to assist a fellow Community member. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
I Hated Firefox!- Always crashing, with frequent security updates!
I liked Opera's Easy interface..., but had to switch to Chrome (old Buggy NIS AV didn't support it) that I HATE (always crashing)!

I see from another post that you can add Webroot's Web filter to Opera, and I'm going back!  :o)
Userlevel 3
Give Chrome Canary a try. It doesn't freeze.