Solved

Supporting additional computers

• 13 January 2013
  • 8 replies

Loving Webroot! Have a question.

When I purchased I was told by the BB guy that I could cover three computers. I had no need at the time. Now with two kids with their own laptops I wuld like to add Webroot. However, when I try to download to their machine I get a message to enter a valid keycode. I know my keycode is good, because I just used it to set up an account to monitor everyone.

Halp!
icon

Best answer by TehkRox 16 January 2013, 18:32

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi TehkRox

Welcome to the Webroot Community :D

It sounds like you need the updated version of your license keycode. Trying the following to have it resent to your email address:

1. Click on http://www.webroot.com/updates/redownload/index.php to request your keycode and installation instructions.

2. Use the Product drop-down menu to select your product.

3. Enter your last name and the email address you used to register your Webroot product.

4. Check the box labeled "I need Webroot to email me my product keycode and complete installation instructions."

5. Click "Get Software".

6. Check your email for a message containing instructions from Webroot.  If you do not receive the email, be sure to check your Spam or Junk folder.

If this doesn't work for you, right click on your Webroot icon in your system tray and  select "help and support" to open a support ticket. The Tech Support team will be able to supply the information you need

smorris
Thanks!

They sent me the same code, and a link to download, but I got the same error.
Creating a ticket now.
Ah. Well. **bleep**.

I do as you suggest, they send the same keycode.
I do as they instruct, I get the same error.
I go to BB PC Services Portal for support, as taken there from Webroot tray icon.
They tell me my profile doesn't exist, suggest I create a new one, yet give me no option to do so.

I'm going to just try to get help through the support tabs on this site.
If that doesn't work, I guess I will find another product that will cover three machines.
Userlevel 2
Hi TehkRox

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that this is not resolved yet for you :(
Reaching out to Webroot Tech Support is the best thing to do in this instance as they will provide you with the correct installation link and keycode. They are available online 24/7 so you should get a response from them fairly quickly

Cheers
smorris
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Ah. Well. **bleep**.

I do as you suggest, they send the same keycode.
I do as they instruct, I get the same error.
I go to BB PC Services Portal for support, as taken there from Webroot tray icon.
They tell me my profile doesn't exist, suggest I create a new one, yet give me no option to do so.

I'm going to just try to get help through the support tabs on this site.
If that doesn't work, I guess I will find another product that will cover three machines.
Try calling them. Sometimes explaining the issue over the phone is easier and more informative than doing it over email or chat session. Call them at 1-866-612-4227 anytime from 7am to 6pm Mountain Time. Webroot has one of the best support teams in teh industry. I am sure they will be able to help you out.
Fixed! Thanks everyone, fantastic community!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello TehkRox and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Great to hear you got it sorted! ;)

TH
Userlevel 7
Great to hear! :D