System Optimization Already in Progress

• 6 March 2014
  • 7 replies

Hello, I've been having a problem with Webroot on PC.  Every Wednesday, out of the blue, I get an alert window popping up to tell me "Another Webroot System Optimization is already in progress and will be finished shortly."  This happens when I'm not in Webroot at all, it just pops up while I'm doing something else.  I usually have to dismiss it a few times before it stops completely (until next week).  The Optimizer is scheduled to run at 1:00am Wednesdays, but I always get these notices in the afternoon (today it was after 5:00pm).  I'm wondering if the Optimization is not finishing correctly, so that each Wednesday it thinks the last one is still running, or it tries to run the scheduled scan twice?  The bottom line is that it's scheduled for once a week, I'm not manually starting it, yet it's telling me one is already running (as if I had tried to start one manually).  Any idea what might be going on?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi heliocracy

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

As the risk of stating the obvious please check the Scheduler Settings for the System Optimizer (you will find them under the Scheduler tab in Advanced Settings...top right of the main app panel, and then taking the System Optimizer tab, etc.).  The reason I suggest this is that it is possible to schedule multiple days in a week for the Optimizer, as i am sure you know, and I have managed on occasion, when changing settings, to set two days rather than change one.

If that does not lead you to the cause then I would recommend that you uninstall WSA, download a fresh copy of the installer (is a Best Buy purchase then from here), reboot, clean install WSA (makings sure that you do not accept to reuse previous settings if so offered by the installer), and when installed reboot before you do anything else.

Once that is done set the schedule for the System Optimizer as you want it and then check to see if the issue reoccurs.  If it does then I would Open a Support Ticket and let the Support team take a look at the circumstances, etc.

Do post back to let us know how you get on re. the above.

Regards

Baldrick 
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello heliocracy and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!
Read more:
Using the System Optimizer
Thank you
Best regard, Petr.
Userlevel 7
Hi heliocracy

Not heard back from you as to the status of your issue and whether any of the advice provided so far has been of any assistance to you.

Please let us know eithernway if you are sorted out or still have an issue to sort...as we do not like leaving a user in the lurch...:D

Have a great evening and hope to hear from younsoon.

Regards

Baldrick
I'm having the same exact problem as the original person who posted here, except at 9:30am on wednesdays. I understand it has to do with scheduling, but when I go to the scheduler under "System Optimizer" tab in the scheduler, there are no options to choose. It displays a blank white screen under the system optimizer tab.
Also, webroot just crashed and closed when I tried to go to the scheduler again. I re-opened webroot and went to the scheduler again and it is still blank under the system optimizer tab.
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Please follow the advice that ? has provided in his reply above to the OP. An uninstall/clean install should clear up the problem for you.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
bd

I have a similar problem except mine will flash 3-6 messages after start up. I unclicked the button for start up under the advanced settings but it still does it.