The foreground window is protected by Identity Shield

Userlevel 3
Is there a way that I can get rid of this? Don't want to have to see the lock symbol every single time.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Not exactly sure what you mean by this so could you post a screenshot of this foreground window that you say is locked?

Thanks, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
@ wrote:
Not exactly sure what you mean by this so could you post a screenshot of this foreground window that you say is locked?

Thanks, Baldrick
It's the browser I think.
Userlevel 7
@, if you're looking to disable the Webroot Green W tray icon, you can do so by unchecking "Show a system tray icon" within Advanced Settings.

Userlevel 3
No I'm not. I'm just looking to get rid of the message, The foreground window is protected by Identity Shield with the little lock symbol next to it.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
No I'm not. I'm just looking to get rid of the message, The foreground window is protected by Identity Shield with the little lock symbol next to it.
Would you post a screenshot of this foreground window that you say is locked?

Thanks, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Hi MikaelaArsenault

If you still have the problem please post a screenshot of this foreground window that you say is locked?

Thanks, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
I'm going to take a screenshot, but it may be really small.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I'm going to take a screenshot, but it may be really small.
Just send in whatever you can and we will try to check as to its provenance. :D 
Userlevel 3
Sorry for the long delay, but I ended up getting a laptop a few weeks ago.

Here's the screenshot though

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
The yellow padlock is normal when you have your supported browser open and it shows you that you are protected by the Identity Shield: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_identityshield_userguide/wsa_identityshield_userguide.htm#WSAIdentityShieldUserGuide/IdentityShieldUserGuideOverview.htm%3FTocPath%3DWSA%2520Identity%2520Shield%2520User%2520Guide%7C_____0