Trojan

• 5 April 2015
  • 2 replies

I gave remote access to Yahoo today to solve another issue related to their email.  They determined through their access to my laptop that I have a trojan type virus on it.  My basic webroot antivirus does not identify this virus and am wondering how to get rid of it. Will Webroot complete version take care of it?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Community Forrum,

If you believe you have an infection that Webroot SecureAnywhere is not detecting you can Create A Support Ticket and they can review your logs/keycode for any signs of current infections. This is free of charge with an active subscription.

This video explains what happens if webroot misses a virus/
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/What-Happens-if-Webroot-quot-Misses-quot-a-Virus/ta-p/33374

Kind Regards,

Userlevel 7
Hi LRose25607

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may interject here...be wary of people, even Yahoo, telling you that you have malware on your computer, as that has been used as a 'pass off' reason for may ills in the past, and also, if they believe that determination to be correct then they should be able to explain why they think so and which malware is concerned.  I presume that they have done neither of those things...but if they have then please share this with us.

Often what is 'determined' to be malware is in fact non-malware programs that we call, here in the Community, PUAs or Potentially Unwanted Applications...they are almost invariably non damaging and are more of a nuisance than anything else.

As to whether the Complete version would take care of it the answer is 'NO'; in terms of anti-malware protection all versions of WSA (Antivirus, Securoty Plus & Complete) offer the same level of protection...so no need to look at another versions (if interested in the difference between version please see here).

Unless you are technically minded the best approach is to follow what Sherry has suggest which is to open a support ticket so that the Supprt Team can investigate Yahoo's 'claim'.  If technically minded and you are experiencing strange behaviour with your system then please provide detail and we can look to advise further.

Regards, Baldrick