Solved

Trouble putting in a new keycode???

• 19 January 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
My wife and I already had Webroot protection. When the subscrition ran out, she purchased a new 3 year plan. She had alot of trouble getting the new keycode on her laptop but finally did. I am now trying to transfer my keycode and am having alot of trouble also. I have the account info. I can go into our account but when I look at PC Security, my computer shows the old keycode and her laptop shows the new one. I have uninstalled Webroot from my programs but the account still shows active on my computer. How do I get the new keycode active on my computer???
icon

Best answer by dent_man60 20 January 2017, 14:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Greetings @:cathappy:

There are two ways to apply your Webroot keycode:

1. Apply it as part of the installation process: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

2. If you already have the program installed you can follow these steps to apply a keycode to the existing installation:
- Open SecureAnywhere and click the gear icon next to My Account.
- Enter your keycode in the field provided under "Activate a new keycode" and click "Activate."

Please let us know if you need any further assistance and we'll be Happy to help. Cheers!
Userlevel 1
Thank you for the reply! I just stumbled upon how to enter the keycode. I looked in my downloads history and the file that I saw when trying to configure my wifes' laptop was already downloaded on my computer. I am not sure how it got there??? I just clicked on it and it was the file to enter a new keycode. I put in the new code and then had to restart my computer (which wasn't noted anywhere) and my account was activated with the new code. When going through this process, there were directions but some of the steps didn't seem to follow or show up as the directions noted...  We purchased the 3 year plan so in 3 years I will most likely need help again:)
Userlevel 7
Not a problem at all, just let us know and we'll be ready to help:D