Solved

Trying to renew with a different credit card

• 4 August 2014
  • 3 replies

I have to renew my Webroot SecureAnyhere, and tried to put in a credit card. However, it did not reactivate. I think the problem is that I have the three computer plan, and the account is under my family member's name. I think the credit card did not go through because the billing will go under the other person's name. Is this true and how can I fix this? I tried calling 1-800-GEEKSQUAD but the automation told me my account was paid for. What can I do to fix this? Thanks for your help.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 4 August 2014, 22:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome juliae to the Community Forum!

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Since you purchased from Best Buy, is that correct?They have a special process for Best Buy purchases - they handle all of the customer service for those purchases, so we can't adjust anything in the system. Your best bet is to call 1-888-BestBuy and talk with their folks, as the renew page would have gone to a system they manage. They'll be able to find out what is going on.

Please let me know if  you are able to get your issue resolved!

Have a Great Day!
Userlevel 7
Hi juliae

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sherry is correct that Best Buy have a different approach to renewals.  We should also point out that it can take up to 24 hours for the renewal to come through after payment has been made...so I would give it some time if you are here within the 24 hour period.  Do not be worried because you are still well protected by WSA during that time.

Regards

Baldrick 
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
I have to renew my Webroot SecureAnyhere, and tried to put in a credit card. However, it did not reactivate. I think the problem is that I have the three computer plan, and the account is under my family member's name. I think the credit card did not go through because the billing will go under the other person's name. Is this true and how can I fix this? I tried calling 1-800-GEEKSQUAD but the automation told me my account was paid for. What can I do to fix this? Thanks for your help.
Hi juliae, welcome to the community!

So sorry you are having this difficulty renewing.

The number Sherry gave you for Best Buy will do it for you. Once you get someone on the phone, they will take care of it.

As Baldrick has advised it may take up to 24 hours. Lately they do seem to be more efficeint when one calls them.

Please do come back and let us know how things are and come often and share your experiences with us!

See you around the community!

Beth