Type your question here...how can i remove slimcleaner from my computer.

• 7 September 2016
  • 1 reply

Hello:

I signed up with Webroot because you were highly recommended by someone.  I used to have Norton Antivirus and let my subscription expire so I signed up with you.  I am unable to uninstall Norton from my computer.  When I go into uninstall program and click on it it tells me to wait but nothing ever happens.  How can I uninstall it.  I'm also having the same problem with a program called slimcleaner.  I try to remove it but nothing happens.  

I'm operating with windows 10 which is now not working.  This happened to me at work and had to install windows 8 startup window and am having no problems.  The problem is I'm not very computer literate and had someone help me  at work. I'm wondering since you are antivirus if you can help.  

Thank you.  

1 reply

Hello Irmita7,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Norton is notorious for being difficult to remove. Please use the Norton Removal Tool available here.

I've also found some information for uninstalling Slimcleaner from their website. It needs to be shut down before uninstalling so that might be what's holding you up. You can find detailed instructions for your Windows version here.

Be sure to reboot after each uninstallation.

If you need to install Webroot :

Please follow the steps below closely in terms of installing WSA on the target system/machine!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you have or add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot 
Hope this info helps. Please let us know how things go or if you still need assistance.:)

Thanks,
BD