Type your question here...where are the security indicators when searching?

Userlevel 1
The security indicators are gone.  How do I get those again plz?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
If you are using Chome, Firefox, or IE, try downloading and running the Toolbar fix.

Also, you may want to open Webroot Settings --> Firewall / Web Shield and make sure that the "Enable Web Shield" and "Show safety ratings when using search engines" are checked.

See if that restores the search indicators and let us know! Keep in mind though, the indicators only display in Google, Bing, and Yahoo searches. For any other search engine you won't get the indicators but will be alerted if you try to go a bad website.
Userlevel 7
Hi birdleg

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to the excellent advice from Corey...if the changes do not appear to resolve the issue then try rebooting your system and then try your searches agaain. Some users have reported needing to do this before they get a resolution to the issue.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the instructions however, I have followed them and still do not show the security indicators.  Any other ideas?
Userlevel 7
Which browser are you using, and which search engine?
Userlevel 1
Firefox - Google
Userlevel 7
Thanks.

Please click on the FIrefox menu (the icon with three horizontal bars in the upper right corner) and then Add-Ons. Please let us know what Webroot extensions you see there. Also, from the Firefox menu, click the "?" at the bottom of the menu table, then "About Firefox" and check the version. If it indicates a new version is available, let it update. 
Userlevel 1
47.0 Firefox and states that it is up to date.

Webroot Add-Ons are Password Manager (disabled) and Filtering Extension (enabled).
Userlevel 7
Alrighty then.. let's try Plan B - Uninstall then reinstall Webroot.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
After the reinstall/reboor, please try Firefox again and let's see what we have.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for your assistance,   It took a bit, but they did appear w/o reinstall.  Great to have knowledgeable folks like you helping!  Merci!
Userlevel 7
That's great to hear! Is there anything you did to get the notifications to reappear?
Userlevel 1
Somehow they became disabled.... now how would that happen?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Somehow they became disabled.... now how would that happen?
Now that is a question I can't answer! One of those mysteries in life...