Solved

Uninstall without internet?

• 23 November 2016
  • 4 replies

Hello, I'm trying to uninstall webroot because it has messed with my wifi and now I am not able to connect to the Internet because apparently my "wifi up address is not configurable". I have done every step found on every forum and somewhere I read this program will cause this problem. Except when I try to uninstall via control panel it takes me to my browser where sadly I can not venture due to webroot not letting me connect to wifi. Any suggestions? Btw my phone connects to wifi and when I hook up with Ethernet it still doesn't work.
icon

Best answer by Muddy7 29 November 2016, 09:56

View original

4 replies

@ wrote:
Hello, I'm trying to uninstall webroot because it has messed with my wifi and now I am not able to connect to the Internet because apparently my "wifi up address is not configurable". I have done every step found on every forum and somewhere I read this program will cause this problem. Except when I try to uninstall via control panel it takes me to my browser where sadly I can not venture due to webroot not letting me connect to wifi. Any suggestions? Btw my phone connects to wifi and when I hook up with Ethernet it still doesn't work.
I may be wrong here but I think the reason you are being directed to your browser after uninstall is simply because Webroot wanted feedback as to why you were unhappy with Webroot.

Are you sure that Webroot has not uninstalled correctly? The Webroot uninstall process is usually very simple and very user-friendly. If in any doubt, try restarting your computer and check if Webroot is still there or not. However sometimes (rarely) there can be an uninstall problem and in that case you should follow Option 2 in the following procedure: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/PC-Uninstallation-Option-Missing-from-Control-Panel/ta-p/34688#.UlFxmxCesrd . If that does not work, repeat the same procedure in Safe Mode. That should do it! If not (unlikely), contact Support (free!).

By the way, I would be surprised if Webroot was the cause of your wifi problem. Honestly, that is the first time I've ever heard that one :S. Again, if you're unsure about that, feel free to contct Support to check it out! After all, it would be a pity if you were to give up Webroot (which incidentally imho is great protection!) because of a misunderstanding.
I am having the same problem.  I have rebooted and SecureAnywhere is still there.  I have tried a manual install using wrsa -uninstall in normal and safe mode, same issue.  Please help
My internet is not working and I am unable to uninstall SecureAnywhere. I have tried through add/remove programs and it just opens a blank web browser.  I have rebooted and SecureAnywhere is still there.  I have tried a manual install using wrsa -uninstall in normal and safe mode, same issue.  Please help
That IS unusual.

I presume you followed the process correctly by:
1. pressing the Windows key and the "R" key simultaneously to open the Run command (or do this by opening the Windows menu and selecting "Run")
2. typing EXACTLY this: "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall in the "Run" pop-up window (perhaps, before doing this, double-check that C:Program FilesWebroot is the correct path to your Webroot program folder)

If so, and this did not even work in Safe Mode, then you should contact Support.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having 😞