Solved

Updating Key Code Question

• 22 January 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I purchased a new key code to update my software on my laptop from Amazon (Windows user).   I am not the most computer savvy (as you can see). I was able to update the key code within my account online, but it will not "transfer" to the already installed software on my laptop.  How do I get my current software to accept my new key code? Thanks for your help in advance!
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 22 January 2017, 15:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello kbash1307, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

If you have a new keycode, you can activate it as follows:
  1. Open SecureAnywhere.  
  2. Click the gear icon next to My Account. Your account panel displays. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/myaccountdetails.png[/img]  
  3. Under Activate a new keycode, enter the keycode you want to add and click Activate.
HTH,
Dave. ;)

Userlevel 1
So when I open my Secure Anywhere, it does not look like yours. Mine is all red and says Protection Disabled (Subscription Expired). I clicked on the gear icon Advanced Settings and PC security. Neither of those give me an option to update my keycode. If I can figure out how to take a screenshot and post it here, I'll do that.

Userlevel 7
Hi kbash1307

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what PTD has posted...there is actually no need to add keycodes to the online account; the act of entering & activating them in the WSA clint on your system is all that is actually required sicne the client will synchronise withthe Webroot Cloud and effectively 'register' the keycode in the account. The revsers is not ture and therefore the reason for your question here.

Hope that helps for future reference and in the case of future keycodes...;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Oh wait! I spoke too soon! I found it....Thanks SO much for your help!!
spoke