VPN with PIA

Userlevel 1
I recently tried to renew my subscription to Pivate Internet Access for their VPN.  Webroot went nuts, told me to run and hide.  Sorta.  Anyway, I can't contact PIA without tripping alerts by Webroot.  I like the VPN, it makes me feel warm land fuzzy.  So what has hppened, any ideas?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello blevtr

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Is this the screen you are seeing below? If so I would Submit a Support Ticket to see if they can whitelist this or check to see if this is a false positive. But if you are sure this is safe then you can unblock and proceed. But I would check with Support!

Userlevel 1
I submitted a support request as suggested, thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great! Please let us know the outcome won't you?

Thanks! 🙂
Userlevel 1
Don't know yet.  Support sent me a form to change the site's reputation.  I have no clue, thats the information I need, which is what I told Support.  We shall see.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Privateinternetaccess.com is blocked by default as part of the "Proxy Avoid and Anonymizers" category. You should be able to safely click on "Unblock page and ontinue" and use the Service. 

-Dan
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you so much for the assistance Dan! Greatly appreciated. 😉
Userlevel 1
OK, Support got back and said what he said, only not as quickly.  Thank you one and all.  We travel a lot (RV)and I feel warm and fuzzy with the extra protections of a VPN
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are certainly most Welcome!

Happy travels 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Privateinternetaccess.com is blocked by default as part of the "Proxy Avoid and Anonymizers" category. You should be able to safely click on "Unblock page and ontinue" and use the Service. 

-Dan
Hi Dan is there a reason why most are blocked? I know I got my VPN service whitelisted by Webroot https://www.purevpn.com/ but are there some that we should stay away from?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=vpn+service&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=DjFoV4eyMMyeyQKViKfQDA#q=vpn+service+provider

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
They could be used to bypass URL filtering or monitoring, so it's really more for the business side.

-Dan
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Awesome and Thanks Dan!

Daniel 😉