Solved

W sez disconnect USB toremove antivirus threat but that kills mouse & keyboard

• 24 June 2016
  • 5 replies

Secure Anywhere sending frequent (every few minutes) notice of thret, then tells one to follow suggestions to help end threts... among suggestion i to disconnect USB stuff... this kills my mpuse and keyboard ending telling pooter what to do.. also me .
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 25 June 2016, 16:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello olereo,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I am not sure that I have heard of this. Are you saying Webroot wants you to remove your USB devices? Do you have a USB drive attached to your computer other then your mouse and keyboard? I don't think Webroot would advise this to remove your mouse and keyboard.

My advise would be to Submit a Support Ticket and have them check out this issue. This is of course a free service with a Webroot subsccription.

Hope this helps?

Just reporting the message as shown on compputer... as I am almost 90 years of ageand only using computers since1965, shallmblame diff on age and lousy memory..  Ihave problemsgetting yje ancient Mac (2007 model) and probably a virus problem hasn't helped.Thanks for your reply.
Teese
Ido notnunderstand your reply. Does Secure Anywhere fix the alienware bug ? Sure hopeso. thanks for response.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Teese

I have a 2007 Mac myself running well. No need to aplogize. We are here to help and please ciontact Support if you are having any virus issues. They will gladly help you resolve your issues.

Or you can call during bussiness hours through the week if that woukd make things easier?

https://tel:18666124268
Mon-Fri 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM (MST)

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Ido notnunderstand your reply. Does Secure Anywhere fix the alienware bug ? Sure hopeso. thanks for response.
I am sorry that you do not understand. Webroot techincal support can help you with any virus that is on your Mac/computer.

Just Submit a Support Ticket and have them take a look for you. Just explain to support that you have a issue with alienware bug?