Solved

W32.InfectLocal.2 Threat removal

• 1 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I have WSA on a Win7 machine and it reported this morning an infection by w32.InfectLocal.2. I said to remove the threat. It is stting there and the progress bar is unchanged for about 20 minutes now. Will this ever complete?

Also, I have trouble understanding how this machine could have been infected. It is a virtual machine and I do nothing on it except some MS Access programming. It is connected to the internet and has many shared files with my OSX host, but I really do very little on it.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 1 December 2016, 18:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
I should add that the VM sw is VMWare and I had just updated to the latest version of VMWare Fusion 8.5.3. I know it inserts code in the form of VMWare Tools.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

I will ping @ or @ so they can look into it, as well Submit a Support Ticket so they can see what's going on.

Can you supply the so called infected file line from the scan log and it should be near the bottom: http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/842/Saving-Scan-Logs

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 1
I looked at the call log and found a line at the top that said zero malicious files. I saw nothing in the log that indicated a problem. I rebooted the system and it ended up restarting twice more for "installation" steps. Now the problem seems to have cleared up. Thanks.