Solved

WR Chrome Filtering Extension Not Working

• 17 February 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7
  • New Voice
  • 29 replies
Twice now, the Webroot filtering extension in Chrome becomes inactive/greyed out. The circle with the W stays green while pages are loading and then changes to grey. No checkmark at all. Happens on all pages.

The first time I was able to repair it by uninstalling and reinstalling WR. I did try to just disabling/enabling and removing/reinstalling the extension but that did not work. Rebooting does not help either.

Even though WR unistalls/reinstalls in less than a minute I would would like to find a more permanent solution to this problem.

Running Win 10 Pro x64, Chrome 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit), WR AntiVirus 9.0.15.40, WR Filtering Extension 1.2.0.73
icon

Best answer by DAF 19 February 2017, 16:42

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello DAF,

Sorry you are having these issues. May I ask if you have installed the Webfilter from the Google Play Store?

WEBFILTER FILTERING EXTENSION:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd...

If so then I would advise that you Contact the Support Team and let them know of your issues.

https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Mon - Fri 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (MST)
Tel: https://tel:+18666124268

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Thank you, Sherry!

Yes, I have always installed the extension from the Google Store.

I will contact support about this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Your most welcome DAF! 

Please let let us know the outcome when you get a chance, won't you?
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Computer Gremlins at work again!

The extension malfunction that went on for over a week just fixed itself when I booted the laptop today.:S

If it happens again I will not delay in contacting support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi DAF!

Sometimes the obvious seems to work if you reboot the Computer. Sorry I never mentioned that.

Thanks for letting us know!;)
I have also had this exact problem: "Twice now, the Webroot filtering extension in Chrome becomes inactive/greyed out. The circle with the W stays green while pages are loading and then changes to grey. No checkmark at all. Happens on all pages."  (-as quoted from the original poster.)

The extension was always present on extension list.  (click: control google chrome/more tools/extensions.) And yes, the "enable" box was checked. -check/uncheck/re-check, -still broken.

So, here is what it took to "fix" it: Uninstall Google Chrome. (using W10 program uninstall under settings, etc). Then Install Google Chrome again.  PRESTO !  As if by magic, the Webroot Filtering Extension works again.
Are others having this same problem?  Is there a better or more permanent solution, rather than having to uninstall/re-install Chrome ??
Please share with us your experience with this, and your solution.
Thanks !!
Quick Update: While it looked like the remove and reinstall of Chrome had fixed it, even that method eventually failed.  I finally had to contact Webroot Support to resolve this problem, and it even took the tech quite a while logged in to my PC to get it done. -At least I HOPE it is finally resolved for good!!  It has now worked correctly for nearly two months,,,,.
Badge +1
Had the same problem. Reinstalling Chrome did not help, but resinstalling Webroot did the trick.