Solved

WSA Freezing Cursor

• 3 December 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Several days ago my mouse cursor started freezing temporarily at random times. Tried to find the cause but had no luck until I shut down WSA, then the freezing stopped. I uninstalled  WSA and the cursor problems are completely gone. I was thinking the problem may have been caused by a recent update.

Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues or if anyone has any suggestions. I'm planning to install WSA again later after another update or 2 in hopes that the issue has been resolved.
icon

Best answer by tempfile 28 December 2013, 17:05

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
I am not having that issue, nor have I heard of others having it up to this point.  Perhaps there is/was something unique in your overall system environment?  

Question: you said you uninstalled WSA, have you re-installed it to see if the issue persists?  If so, and it does, you may want to submit a trouble ticket on this one.
Userlevel 2
Thanks David. Going to reinstall now and see what happens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I have experienced this, though rare and intermittent...I have come to the conclusion that WSA is authenticating files or a file...just doing its job.  How far off base am I ?
Userlevel 7
BlazeTen, that is a mighty good question. My opinion is that it shouldn't happen at all if caused by WSA, intermittant or not. While it may be hard for Support to reproduce, and thus diagnose the cause and fix if caused by WSA, I think it would be worth reporting to Support via a trouble ticket.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I agree David it could be anything older computer if it's a Wireless Mouse could be dying or just need new batteries or a Wired Mouse dying maybe he updated the Mouse software and WSA could monitoring some unknown files and even when WSA had the Authenticating files Window I never seen the Cursor get stuck or slow down in all of my Beta Testing. Support Ticket time!

Daniel
Userlevel 2
Just wanted to let people know that in light of subsequent events I no longer believe that WSA was the cause of my freezing cursor issue.
Userlevel 7
Hi tempfile

Thanks.  It is good of you to let us know.  Out of interest, may I ask if yo uhave managed to determine the cause or just that WSA is not it?  Reason I ask is that this information is good to know re. responding to future issues of a like or simialr nature, if any occur/are reported by other Community members. :D

Many thanks in advance if you are able to share the details.  And wishing you a very Peaceful & Prosperous New Year.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 2
Hi Baldrick

I would be happy to share the details. I was not only getting cursor freezes I also got a couple of BSODs coming out of sleep mode. I wasn't having any luck nailing down the cause so I decided to check for out of date drivers and I found 3.

I updated my networking controller, SATA controller and graphics drivers on the 11th and have not had any problems since then. I have reinstalled WSA and the PC is running fine. Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks for the new years wishes. Wishing you and all the other members of the Webroot community a happy new year as well.
Userlevel 7
Hi tempfile

Many thanks for sharing your experience on this subject. :D  Doing so helps the rest of the Community greatly and we all learn from it. ;)

All the best, and see you around.

Baldrick