WSA can't remove a trojan?

• 14 February 2018
  • 5 replies

WSA detected a trojan on our LG Android tablets, in file LGATCMD Service. I've tried to use the "Remove Threat" button several times, but I get the "can't remove" message. Any ideas?

5 replies

This happened to me on a replacement Android that I just got yesterday, I had barely even used the device. I'm not sure what to do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey everyone, 

If you experienced this, please PM me with the email address you're using with your Webroot account. That way I can look you up and create a ticket for you so you can get this issue sorted out. 

Thanks!
Drew...sent you a PM on Messenger...hope you can figure this out. This only shows up on our LG tablets, but not our LG phones. Weird!
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hi there @ and welcome to the community.

I'm looking into this now for you and will do my best to get this sorted.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@ I was able to talk with support and they will need to take a deeper look into your particular instance. You can submit a support ticket here but in the meantime, let's make sure you have the latest version of the app. To do that, please follow these instructions below: 

• Open the Google Play Store app.
  • Tap Menu (three lines in the top left) then select “My apps & games.”
  • Look for the Mobile Security app (green icon with a white lock)
  • Tap Update beside the Mobile Security app.
Note: Some apps require new permissions when they are updated. You may see a notification asking if you accept the new permissions.
Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.You may also click the link below for additional instructions from Google: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113412?hl=en