Solved

WSA not Add/Remove Programs

• 13 October 2016
  • 5 replies

I havde just reinstalled WSA. I inserted a valid keycode and did an initial scan. The protected computer does not show up in my Webroot security panel. It also does not show up in Add/Remove Programs in the control panel. Either it's bizarre behavior or I am making errors in installation somewhere. One instruction on the forum said to go into the basic configuration area of the WSA desktop. I don't seem to have a basic configuration setting; therefore, that instruction is not helpful to me. I would appreciate help in getting this fixed, preferable with clear, step by step instructions. Thank you.
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 13 October 2016, 22:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello djfett0127, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

Sorry your having trouble with WSA. Since WSA is not in your Control Pannel Add/Remove please see this KB Article.

After the Unistall, Reboot. Then:

Please follow the steps below closely in terms of installing WSA on the target system/machine!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot 
HTH,
Dave.
None of the settings that you instructed me to use are present. For example, no WSA.exe is found on the computer, yet I have the WSA desktop in the task bar. I can't seem to either be able to uninstall the program or reinstall it so that it appears where it should. I can't even figure out how to repair a former install as it doesn't appear in the Add/Remove programs. I am stymied and frustrated.
Userlevel 7
Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7
Thank you. I just submitted one. I would actually like to remove WSA from my system but can't until it appears in the Add/Remove programs area.
Userlevel 7
Your Welcome djfett0127. The Webroot Support Professionals will help you remove WSA from your computer. 😉