Solved

Web Filtering Extension Questions

• 28 November 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello,

We have 1000 clients with a Webroot Filter extension in their browser this AM, trying to understand the ramifications.

1. How do we whitelist a blocked site?
  2. Are blocked sites logged in my.webrootanywere control panel or only on the endpoint like Identity Shield?
  3. Does this filter provide any additional protection against downloads, either drive by or user initiated, or this is just a website rating system?
Thank you.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 28 November 2016, 19:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello,

1. If you go to a site that is blocked see the picture below to bypass if you want or leave or ask Webroot to change the URL to make it a safe site!

2. If you bypass the block it's only whitelisted locally on that PC and is stored here and if you want to remove from the whitelist just delete the info from the Text File and the site will be blocked again.

3. Yes as you can see in the picture at the top and see here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Security-Industry-News/Proven-security-by-the-numbers/td-p/274725

HTH,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 1
Thank you for your reply.

I  understand #1 & 2, that is helpful.

We need to manage & report EVERYTHING from the control panel, where do I make the feature request?

[EDIT} Found feature request, nm!

Re. #3.  Those statistics appear to be for Webroot in it's entirety, not the browser filter?  I'm trying to understand if the browser extension functionality extends beyond rating or blocking a site?

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
By Clicking on the "I want to request a Website Review" at the bottom of the page or you can ask here with the URL: http://www.brightcloud.com/tools/change-request-url-reputation.php

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

Re. #3.  Those statistics appear to be for Webroot in it's entirety, not the browser filter?  I'm trying to understand if the browser extension functionality extends beyond rating or blocking a site?

@It's part of WSA's Web Shield built into the Client. Also I'm not sure if the Web Filter Driver has been released yet as we Beta testers have it active with our Beta Keycodes. Maybe a Webroot staff member can say more on this. @ @

Thanks,

Daniel

Userlevel 1
Looks like it's only web URL filtering, thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Looks like it's only web URL filtering, thanks.
You got it!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉