Web Threat Shield freezes Firefox with multiple tabs

• 30 December 2013
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi,

Ever since I got the new Web Threat Shield a couple of weeks ago, Firefox browser stops responding when opening multiple tabs. If I open more than two tabs( not at a time btut one after another ) Firefox freezes. Then after a certain amount of time it starts responding. The time varies as more time for more tabs. And most of the time Firefox does not say it's not responding but clicking on anything does not work.

I've reinstalled, clean installed WSA. I've reinstalled Firefox. I've even clean installed the OS. But to no avail.

I would have gone straight to support ticket system but thought others may have the same problem.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Amit nice to see you! Yes some are having issues with slow browsers as you can see here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Webroot-Filtering-Extension-Browser-Add-On/td-p/72425/page/7#.UsEO87RlfK0 also at Wilders there is a thread Browser Lag and Joe knows about it are you using Win 8.1 32bit still with the Atom processor?

Cheers Buddy,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Nice to see you too Daniel.:)

Yes I'm using Win 8.1 32bit still with the Atom processor.

I had suspected others may face the same problem. Didn't want to trouble Support ticket system with the same problem. Glad Joe is aware and working on it. I'll wait for an update with a solution in the form a release.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm just not sure if it's OS specific as in Win 8.1? I don't seem to have any issues on Win 7 x64 or Win 7 x86.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hmm...could be. You think I should open a support ticket to get my case checked to see if it's my particular configuration? It would help the Webroot team to test a case more on the issue if not anything.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sure I would think so the more info they get the faster the issue can be resolved.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Okay I'll open a support ticket.

Thanks for all the info and help. Life is short. Enjoy every moment my friend.:)