Web sites showing up as unsafe on search engines.

• 29 April 2015
  • 3 replies

Hi, I just started using Webroot, and now my own business web site is showing up as an unsafe site, with a minus on Google search! My web designer checked another service and said it shows up as safe and secure, so what could be the problem? How do I find out why it has a - next it it instead of a check? 

Initially, my email service provider site came up with a warning when I logged in (a very reputable site), but now I see it has a check according to Google. I'm confused.

I bought webroot because I had a virus on my Mac, and the program quarantined it for me. Could there still be a lingering problem that's causing this, and could it have something to do with my business site? Thanks.  -Dawn

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello DRM99,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

You can check the url of your website with Bright Cloud here. and then request a a Reputation Change Request

Please look at this KB article, https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/How-to-Request-Reclassification-of-a-Website/ta-p/28924

Another way of notifying BrightCloud of a potential false positive/need to reclassify a site is that when you are blocked locally from entering it, and you know that it is safe, then you can click the 'Unblock and proceed' button on the WSA blocking web page and not only will that whitelist the site locally for you for the future but it will also notify BrightCloud of the local override and as these are also picked up and used to trigger re-evaluatios of the sites reputation.

If you have concerns with your Mac you can Submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription..

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,
Thank you very much, Sherry! Now that i've looked at the Bright Cloud link, the Webroot icon seems to have disappeared from my screen! Odd. I'm hoping it will come back when I restart.

All the best,

Dawn
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Dawn,

That is indeed odd.

Let us know if Webroot icon doesn't come back after a reboot. Ok?

Thanks!