Webroot Filtering Extension in Firefox Causing 'Options' Tab Delay

• 10 June 2015
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi :)

I've noticed an issue related to the Webroot Filtering Extension (v. 1.1.0.59) in Firefox. I'm using the latest version of FF (38.0.5, 32-bit) and am able to reproduce this issue on the latest beta and stable versions of Webroot Antivirus (and also Complete, which is the beta version). The issue is that if I have the filtering extension enabled and then click on 'Options' in the hamburger menu, the tab that loads will lock up and there is a delay until the elements on the Options page are displayed. During that delay the tab is frozen for a number of seconds. If I disable the filtering extension, restart the browser and then try again the page loads up instantly and doesn't have any sort of delay. The delay is attributed solely to the extension.

Is there anything that can be done to help with the issue? It's there whether using the new filtering driver or not and seems to be solely related to the extension. If I can provide any further information I'd be happy to if it helps!

I'm using Windows 8.1 x64 with all latest updates installed, and all drivers are up to date too.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Although I didn't get a reply on this thread as yet, just thought I'd follow up and say that I raised a support ticket about this issue and have done a remote session with the very helpful Lucas. He has been able to reproduce the issue and is looking into getting it fixed. Excellent support 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Sorry that no one replied and thanks for the update and you got the right person in Lucas!

Thanks again,

Daniel 😉